The school season is here and it’s that time to get prepared for another year of studies and more everyday routine for the students at home. Parents always need ways to make everyone’s life easier getting kids dressed, breakfast ready and backpacks packed with lunches, and snacks on time.
Kids also need a good declutter and re-organization of their clothing and shoes so that they can get ready quickly and easily. Here are my organizing hacks for back to school that will be sure to help you :
Parents know that breakfast can take time to make along with lunch in the morning, so it's best to create a station for the kids to help themselves just like a self-serve area for breakfast in a hotel dining area but in your home!
1. Use a cart or low cupboard or counter to place breakfast items on.
2. Place baskets with their favourite items to eat for breakfast like fruits, mini croissants and bagels.
3. Place cereal in clear canisters with bowls nearby.
4. In the fridge, keep items like yogurts and juices at the bottom so it's easy to reach.
Kids clothing and shoe organization
Kids grow out of their clothing and shoes quickly, so this is a great time to make sure what they have in their wardrobe still fits. It’s time to take out all the items that no longer fit and have worn out or have holes. Then you can shop for any items that your child needs more of for their size now. Here’s how to make getting ready easier:
1. Plan ahead and choose the outfit to wear the night before and place the outfit on a labelled “Wear to School” on a shelf, basket or hanging rack for quick dress up the next day.
2. You can also plan ahead and do all the outfits for Monday to Friday on Sunday if you want to be really prepared. Then you can use a closet organizer that hangs or baskets for each day of the week and place the outfits inside.
Lunch boxes, bottles and food storage
For easy food prep every day, you want to create a drawer that contains all the reusable water and juice bottles and food storage for easy lunch and snack packing.
1. Designate a zone for each child and label according to name and items, like bottles, lunch boxes, reusable snack bags and lunch bags.
2. Store bottles in a vertical storage like a magazine holder or a mini wine rack.
3. Make sure all the food storage like bento containers are stacked and easy to grab.
Work and artwork file folder
Kids always bring home so much paper from school from forms to artwork and worksheets.
Have an expandable file folder for each student, so you can easily drop in the items and store them for their memories. Files can be divided by their grades.
Hope these ideas help make your child's school year easier to manage! Hope you all enjoy this new school year to all students and parents.
Leave a Reply.